A unique product Savella is now in its application. Ideal for the treatment of apathetic depression, negative symptoms of schizophrenia, but requires a very careful and special treatment. Antidepressant action is mainly on a strong influence on noradrenaline (to an even greater extent than the serotonin)
- The main active substance of Savella drug is Milnacipran. Each tablet contains 50 mg of main ingredient. Generic Savella affects certain chemicals in the brain which called neurotransmitters. An abnormality in these chemicals are related to fibromyalgia. Milnacipran is not used to treat depression but how it works in the body is similar to how antidepressants can do . In principle, the same story as with venlafaxine.
- Will not be released until the prolonged form, drug treatment should be strict
- Accepted only with food to prevent nausea and feelings of poisoning
- Early treatment should begin with a two-fold receiving 25 mg early in the morning with breakfast and dinner, at the latest, in order to avoid sleep problems
- After a few days (Feels patient) dosage may be increased to the optimum 100 mg in two divided doses.
- The drug is also copes with pain somatoform nature (migraines, back pain, neck), but in any case should not be considered as first-line therapy for anxiety disorders, suicidal tendencies.
Practically no problem with libido.
Approved for circulation in 1996 in France, in 2009 – FDA for the treatment of fibromyalgia.
Second-generation antidepressants, especially selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are the most commonly prescribed type of psychotropic drugs. These drugs, unlike the tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) have the most favorable profile of action and non-toxic in overdose.
Although the efficacy of TCAs set, especially in severe depressive states, their pathways to a certain number of neurotransmitter receptors leads to a well-known side effects (cardiovascular disorders, dizziness, tremors, dry mouth, a breach of accommodation, etc.).
Appointment SSRIs avoids these adverse events. However, according to some authors, such selectivity reduces the antidepressant activity in comparison with TCAs. Thus, in order to create a third generation of antidepressants that act not only on serotonergic, and noradrenergic system to become the synthesis of the antidepressant, is as effective as TCAs, but the portability of patient as well as SSRI.
According J.Lopez-Ibor, M.Kimura, third-generation antidepressants have maximum efficiency and the widest spectrum of action. One of the representatives of SSRIs is Savella (milnacipran). The results obtained in a number of research papers suggest a higher efficacy in the treatment of depressive disorders of different genesis compared with serotonergic antidepressants and equal efficacy compared to tricyclic antidepressants with better tolerability profile.
Conducted in USA studies of milnacipran also demonstrated its high efficacy in the treatment of depressive disorders. The object of this study was to not only score a total milnacipran, and isolation characteristics but its therapeutic action.